Welcome to Arapahoe Basin's media center. Here you will find A-Basin's mountain statistics, facts, history and story ideas. Please contact us for the most up-to-date information, photos and news from The Legend!
Top 10 Resorts for Character (2013)
- Skimag.com, November 2012
- Top 10 Ski Resorts in the U.S. (2013, ranked by "awesomeness")
- Forbes, December 2012
- 10 Best Mountains You've Never Skied (2013)
- SKI Magazine, November 2012
Ranked #1 in Top 5 Mom & Pop Ski Resorts
- SkiResorts.com, February 2010
- Top Ten for Best North American Ski Resort for the 09-10 Season
- Away.com, November 2009
- Top Ten in Value and Scenery (Reader survey)
- Ski Magazine, October 2009
- Silver Eagle Award for Visual Impact
- National Ski Area Association, May 2008
- Best New Ski Terrain – Montezuma Bowl and Best Beach
- Westword Best of Denver, March 2008
- Voted #4 in Best Value, #8 in Best Scenery and #9 in Best Challenging Terrain
- SKI Magazine, October 2006
Situated high on the Continental Divide, Arapahoe Basin offers the highest skiable terrain in North America and an unrivaled panorama of the snowcapped Rocky Mountains. We think of A-Basin as a unique place where it's all about the skiing and riding. Although there are no lodges, condos or timeshares, Arapahoe Basin stands out from the other 26 resorts in Colorado because of its outstanding terrain, abundant snowfall, laid-back atmosphere, storied history and springtime festivities.
- A-Basin boasts varied terrain, an average annual snowfall of 350", and one of the longest ski seasons in North America (typically October through early June). "The Legend" has everything from steep chutes and wide-open powder bowls to intermediate spruce glades and kid-friendly learning areas and freestyle parks.
- Our Moonlight Dinners are unique ways to experience some of the finest cuisine in Summit County. Food & Beverage Director Christopher Rybak takes inspiration from the world's mountain regions for his creative menus, and sources local and sustainable ingredients when possible.
- Arapahoe Basin's infamous "beach" is a place where every day is a party. Expect barbecues, crazy costumes and music from local and vacationing revelers.
- Montezuma Bowl is A-Basin's newest terrain and was the largest terrain expansion in North America for the 07/08 season.
- Pallavicini, A-Basin's famed double-black diamond run, is regarded by skiers and riders world-wide as one of the steepest and most challenging runs in North America.
- Our spring events are just getting started when other ski areas are closing for the season. A few marquee events include the Grind (an uphill/downhill adventure race), May's Shakin' at the Basin concert series, Festival of the Brewpubs and the Huck, Rock and Roll terrain park competition.
"Arapahoe Basin ... Where the spirit of freedom and big mountain challenges create life-altering experiences."
Of course, we could go on and on about why A-Basin "creates life-altering experiences" daily, but we want you to understand for yourself. The information included in our media center is designed to introduce you to all Arapahoe Basin has to offer, but in order to fully understand the "spirit of freedom and big mountain challenges" you really need to visit. So look around, and once your interest is heightened give one of us a call. We'd be happy to give you a mountain tour and get away from these desks!
Leigh, Adrienne and Alan