Getting Here and Parking
Jun 1, 2020
Jun 2, 2020
Jun 3, 2020
Arapahoe Basin is located on Highway 6 / Loveland Pass Road, just 68 miles west of downtown Denver, 5 miles east of Keystone and 20 miles northeast of Breckenridge.
Summit Stage Bus from Summit County
Summit County offers a FREE bus service among Keystone, Breckenridge, Frisco, Dillon and Silverthorne. The Summit Stage Swan Mountain Flyer provides hourly service to and from A-Basin via Breckenridge and Keystone beginning November 24, 2019 through late April 2020. The A-Basin route runs seven days a week. Check the Summit Stage website for dates and schedules. Track the buses online and/or download the app, here. There is no summer service.
"Snowstang" Bus between A-Basin and Denver
Snowstang is a NEW express bus service operated by the Colorado Dept. of Transportation (CDOT). Take a bus from downtown Denver (Union Station) or the Federal Center in Lakewood directly to A-Basin and back for $25 round-trip. Buses have bathrooms, WiFi, power outlets, reclining seats and luggage storage. Snowstang will operate Saturdays and Sundays between December 14, 2019 and April 19, 2020 and will include Monday service on MLK and Presidents’ Day. Book your trip, here!
Uber and Lyft do exist in Summit County, but not in high numbers. On busy or heavy snow days, they often will not make the drive to A-Basin. Trying to rely on ride share the way you would in a big city could result in long wait times or not getting a ride. The more reliable way to get here in the winter season is via the FREE Summit Stage Bus (see above) or by carpooling. In the summer, plan on driving.
Shuttles to Summit County and A-Basin
From the Denver Airport: Colorado Mountain Express offers direct service from Denver International Airport to lodging in Summit County. Call 1-800-334-7433 or Colorado Mountain Express. Other reliable shuttle services to and from Summit County include Summit Express and Peak1 Express.
From towns in Summit and Eagle Counties: Fresh Tracks Transportation provides door-to-door shuttle service to A-Basin from Breckenridge, Copper Mountain, Vail, Beaver Creek, Frisco, Dillon and Silverthorne. Call 970-453-4052 or visit Fresh Tracks Transportation.
From Colorado Springs: Rocky Mountain Ride provides transportation directly to Arapahoe Basin. Call 719-362-6332 or visit Rocky Mountain Ride.
At A-Basin, we strongly encourage carpooling to reduce traffic and the impact on the environment. During the ski season, park for FREE in one of the first 200 parking spaces in our Early Riser lot (closest to the lift) if you arrive with four or more people in a vehicle.
Winter Driving + Road and Traffic Updates
Getting to A-Basin is relatively easy but winter can present hazardous driving conditions. Before you depart, check COTRIP.ORG for highway information like planned road work, avalanche/rockfall mitigation or winter delays. Those things aren't common but they do happen. We do our best to keep you updated on last-minute issues via our Instagram and Twitter accounts, but checking with the state agency (COTrip) is recommended.
Colorado has a passenger vehicle traction law in place on our stretch of I-70 between September 1 and May 31. Find out what that means, here. Please drive with care!
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET HERE? Depends on where you are coming from, at what time, on what day, and in what weather conditions. Traffic is heaviest on I-70 Westbound (coming from Denver) on Friday evenings and Saturday and Sunday mornings. Severe winter weather will also lengthen the driving time. Give yourself wiggle room if you're trying to get here by a specific time.
Denver International Airport (86 miles away) has daily flights to and from most major cities. The Eagle County Regional Airport (77 miles away) is served regularly by major airlines from multiple locations. See shuttle information above on getting to Summit County from either airport.
A-Basin's gated lots open at 7:00 a.m. and close at 6:00 p.m.
You can park for FREE and walk to the lift!
NO overnight parking and NO camping in any A-Basin lot.
- Arapahoe Basin has five parking lots at the ski area: Admin, Early Riser, High Noon, Last Chance and Upper Last Chance. Two overflow lots located southwest of the ski area on Loveland Pass Road / Hwy 6 are only used during peak times at the discretion of the A-Basin staff.
- Other than the limited Admin Lot ($30) and first 200 spots in Early Riser ($20), all of our parking is FREE.
- Please do not park along the highway. Colorado State Patrol will tow your vehicle. We do not control this.
- Reserved handicapped spots: Find them in both the Admin Lot and the Early Riser Lot.
- Paid Parking (winter season, only): The Admin Lot and the first 200 spaces in Early Riser (please see attendant or stop into the Season Pass Office for details)
- Carpool perks: Park for FREE in one of the first 200 parking spaces in Early Riser lot with four or more people in a vehicle
- 15-minute drop-off: These are in the Admin Lot next to the A-Frame
- Shuttles: They service the upper lots during peak times. Usually not available during the week.
- Large commercial vehicles are not allowed to park at Arapahoe Basin, but they can drop off their passengers.