Getting Here and Parking
Dec 5, 2020
Dec 6, 2020
Dec 7, 2020
Arapahoe Basin is located on Highway 6 / Loveland Pass Road, just 68 miles west of downtown Denver, 5 miles east of Keystone and 20 miles northeast of Breckenridge.
Summit Stage Bus from Summit County
Summit County offers a FREE bus service among Keystone, Breckenridge, Frisco, Dillon and Silverthorne. The Summit Stage "Swan Mountain Flyer" will service A-Basin daily at one-hour intervals from November 22, 2020 to mid-April 2021. Bus capacity is reduced to 50% (30 people) and you must wear a face covering.
- See the route map and check the schedule, here. Please note when the last bus leaves A-Basin!
- Track the buses online and/or download the app.
Winter Driving + Road and Traffic Updates
Getting to A-Basin is relatively easy but winter can present hazardous driving conditions. Before you depart, check COTRIP.ORG for highway information like planned road work, avalanche/rockfall mitigation or winter delays. Those things aren't common but they do happen. We do our best to keep you updated on last-minute issues via our Instagram and Twitter accounts, but checking with the state agency (COTrip) is recommended.
Colorado has a passenger vehicle traction law in place on our stretch of I-70 between September 1 and May 31. Find out what that means, here. Please drive with care!
How long does it take to get to A-Basin?
Depends on where you are coming from, at what time, on what day, and in what weather conditions. Traffic is heaviest on I-70 Westbound (coming from Denver) on Friday evenings and Saturday and Sunday mornings. Severe winter weather will also lengthen the driving time. Give yourself wiggle room if you're trying to get here by a specific time.
- Denver International Airport (86 miles away)
- Eagle County Regional Airport (77 miles away)
A-Basin's gated lots open at 7:00 a.m. and close at 6:00 p.m.
NO overnight parking and NO camping in any A-Basin lot.
- Arapahoe Basin has five parking lots at the ski area: Admin, Early Riser, High Noon, Last Chance and Upper Last Chance.
- Other than the very limited Admin Lot ($30), all of our parking is FREE.
- Please do not park along the highway. Colorado State Patrol will tow your vehicle. We do not control this.
- Reserved handicapped spots: Find them in both the Admin Lot and the Early Riser Lot.
- 15-minute drop-off: These are in the Admin Lot next to the A-Frame
- Large commercial vehicles are not allowed to park at Arapahoe Basin, but they can drop off their passengers.