A-Basin Directions and Parking
Sep 25, 2021
Sep 26, 2021
Sep 27, 2021
Arapahoe Basin is located on Highway 6 / Loveland Pass Road, just 68 miles west of downtown Denver, 5 miles east of Keystone and 20 miles northeast of Breckenridge.
Summit Stage Bus from Summit County
Summit County offers a FREE bus service among Keystone, Breckenridge, Frisco, Dillon and Silverthorne. The Summit Stage "Swan Mountain Flyer" services A-Basin daily at one-hour intervals during peak ski season (usually November - April).
- See the route map and check the schedule, here. Please note when the last bus leaves A-Basin!
- Track the buses online and/or download the app.
Winter Driving + Road and Traffic Updates
Colorado has a passenger vehicle traction law in place on our stretch of I-70 between September 1 and May 31. Find out what that means, here. Please drive with care!
Getting to A-Basin is relatively easy but winter can present hazardous driving conditions. Before you depart, check COTRIP.ORG for highway information like planned road work, avalanche/rockfall mitigation or winter delays. Those things aren't common but they do happen. We do our best to keep you updated on last-minute issues via our Instagram and Twitter accounts, but checking with the state agency (COTrip) is recommended.
How long does it take to get to A-Basin?
We are generally a one-hour drive from Denver. But ... it depends on where you are coming from, at what time, on what day, and in what weather conditions. Traffic is heaviest on I-70 Westbound (coming from Denver) on Friday evenings, and Saturday and Sunday mornings. Severe winter weather will also lengthen the driving time. Give yourself wiggle room if you're trying to get here by a specific time. In heavy snow, Highway 6 over Loveland Pass may close. Then you will go through the tunnel, take the first exit for Dillon / Silverthorne, and head east on Highway 6 to get to us.
A-Basin's gated lots open at 7:00 a.m. and close at 6:00 p.m.
NO overnight parking and NO camping in any A-Basin lot.
- Arapahoe Basin has five parking lots at the ski area: Admin, Early Riser, High Noon, Last Chance and Upper Last Chance.
- Other than the very limited Admin Lot ($30), all of our parking is FREE.
- Please do not park along the highway. Colorado State Patrol will tow your vehicle. We do not control this.
- Reserved handicapped spots: Find them in both the Admin Lot and the Early Riser Lot.
- 15-minute drop-off: These are in the Admin Lot next to the A-Frame
- Large commercial vehicles are not allowed to park at Arapahoe Basin, but they can drop off their passengers.