Getting Here and Parking
Jul 22, 2019
Jul 23, 2019
Jul 24, 2019
Arapahoe Basin is located on Highway 6 / Loveland Pass Road, 68 miles west of downtown Denver, 5 miles east of Keystone and 20 miles northeast of Breckenridge.
Summit Stage Bus from Summit County (winter season, only)
Summit County offers a FREE bus service from multiple locations around Summit County. Visit www.summitstage.com. The Summit Stage Swan Mountain Flyer will provide service to A-Basin from November 18 through April 21 and will run to A-Basin every hour from Keystone's River Run lot from 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. The last bus back to Keystone from A-Basin is at 6:10 p.m. The A-Basin route runs seven days a week. Check the Summit Stage website for dates and schedules. There is no summer service.
Bustang to Summit County from around the state
Bustang is a service operated by the Colorado Dept. of Transportation (CDOT) featuring buses with bathrooms, WiFi, power outlets and luggage storage. The Bustang West Line offers service to Frisco in Summit County from downtown Denver to the east and Grand Junction to the west. From Frisco, you can take the FREE Summit Stage to wherever you are staying. In the winter (no summer service), also take Summit Stage to A-Basin.
Uber and Lyft do exist in Summit County, but not in high numbers. On busy days, they often will not make the drive to A-Basin from towns in the county. Trying to rely on ride share the way you would in a big city could result in long wait times or not getting a ride. The more reliable way to get here in the winter season is via the FREE Summit Stage Bus (see above) or by carpooling. In the summer, plan on driving.
Shuttles to Summit County and A-Basin
From the Denver Airport: Colorado Mountain Express offers direct service from Denver International Airport to lodging in Summit County. Call 1-800-334-7433 or Colorado Mountain Express. Other reliable shuttle services to and from Summit County include Summit Express and Peak1 Express.
From towns in Summit and Eagle Counties: Fresh Tracks Transportation provides door-to-door shuttle service to A-Basin from Breckenridge, Copper Mountain, Vail, Beaver Creek, Frisco, Dillon and Silverthorne. Call 970-453-4052 or visit Fresh Tracks Transportation.
From Colorado Springs: Rocky Mountain Ride provides transportation directly to Arapahoe Basin. Call 719-362-6332 or visit Rocky Mountain Ride.
At A-Basin, we strongly encourage carpooling to reduce traffic and the impact on the environment. During the ski season, park for FREE in one of the first 200 parking spaces in our Early Riser lot (closest to the lift) if you arrive with four or more people in a vehicle.
Denver International Airport (86 miles away) has daily flights to and from most major cities. The Eagle County Regional Airport (77 miles) is served regularly by major airlines from multiple locations. See shuttle information above on getting to Summit County from either airport.
A-Basin's gated lots open at 7:00 a.m. and close at 6:00 p.m. You can park for free and walk to the lift! There is no overnight parking or camping permitted in any of the A-Basin parking lots.
- Arapahoe Basin has five parking lots at the ski area: Admin, Early Riser, High Noon, Last Chance and Upper Last Chance. The overflow lots southwest of us on Loveland Pass Road are only used during peak times at the discretion of the A-Basin staff.
- Other than the limited Admin Lot ($30) and first 200 spots in Early Riser ($20), all of our parking is FREE.
- Please do not park along the highway. Colorado State Patrol will tow your vehicle.
- Reserved handicapped spots can be found in both the Admin Lot and the Early Riser Lot.
- Free Lots: Part of Early Riser (including part of The Beach), High Noon, Last Chance, Upper Last Chance
- Paid Parking (winter season, only): The Admin Lot and the first 200 spaces in Early Riser (please see attendant or stop into the Season Pass Office for details)
- Carpool perks: Park for FREE in one of the first 200 parking spaces in Early Riser lot with four or more people in a vehicle
- 15-minute drop-off: These are in the Admin Lot next to the A-Frame
- Shuttles: They service the upper lots during peak times. Please note they are not always available during the week.
- Large Commercial Vehicles are not allowed to park at Arapahoe Basin, but they can drop off their passengers.