Jan 20, 2019
Jan 21, 2019
Jan 22, 2019
Welcome to Arapahoe Basin's media center. Here you will find links to photos, a list of media contacts and general information about A-Basin. For information about the current winter season, please click the button below.
The best low resolution images from our previous season are available in our Press Kit. High resolution images are available upon request for use by media outlets, not for private or commercial enterprise. Please email Adrienne Saia Isaac, Communications Manager, for more information about A-Basin images.
Webcam Images and Usage
Arapahoe Basin has seven webcams available to the public and for use by media outlets.
Media outlets are permitted to use A-Basin's webcam images and timelapse videos in print, broadcast and social media, and may also embed these cams on their websites. We ask that you please consider these guidelines in return:
- Credit Arapahoe Basin Ski Area wherever applicable
- Do not crop our watermark out of the Prism cam shots (especially on social media)
- Link back to the ski area if you are embedding the cam image in your website
About the Mountain
Situated high on the Continental Divide, Arapahoe Basin offers some of the highest skiable terrain in North America and an unrivaled panorama of the snowcapped Rocky Mountains.
- The Long Season: Arapahoe Basin boasts one of the longest ski seasons in North America (typically October through early June). The ski area is often the first to open in the state of Colorado.
- The Mountain: Known for its high alpine terrain, Arapahoe Basin has everything from mellow learning areas and rolling intermediate groomers, to leg-burning bump runs and some of the most exciting steeps in Colorado. In the 2017-18 season, Arapahoe Basin will take its first steps into its 468-acre expansion, The Beavers & The Steep Gullies. A new lift will be installed in The Beavers in summer 2018.
- The Vibe: A-Basin is known for being a locals' mountain, offering up a laid-back, authentic Colorado ski experience. Even though the amenities are upgraded and the buildings change, the vibe remains. It's one of those intangible things that makes the Basin so special. Come visit us, and share in the real deal ski experience with us.
- The Food: Led by Food & Beverage Director Christopher Rybak and Executive Chef Steven Vlass, Arapahoe Basin's culinary offerings keep growing and evolving. From traditional ski far to unique offerings like the Pacific Rim and Raw Bar, BBQ smoked and sauced on-site and our elegant Moonlight Dinner Series.
- The Scene: It's lively, it's fun, and every day is a time to explore the natural world and play in the mountains with your favorite people. Be sure to check out "The Beach," A-Basin's slopeside parking area where tailgating is a way of life and costumes work as everyday attire. The Basin is family-friendly and welcomes all who want to celebrate life in the mountains.
Ranked #3 Best Ski Resort in Colorado
SnowPak.com, November 2017
Top 25 Ski Resorts for Seniors (#1 in the West)
SeniorSkiing.com/About.com, January 2016
25 Best Family Ski Resorts in North America
VacationIdea.com, January 2016
4 Mind-Blowing Bloody Marys
SKI Magazine online, October 2015
NSAA & SKI Magazine Golden Eagle Award for Environmental Excellence
National Ski Areas Association/SKI Magazine, May 2014
Top 10 Resorts for Character (2013)
Skimag.com, November 2012
Top 10 Ski Resorts in the U.S. (2013, ranked by "awesomeness")
Forbes, December 2012
10 Best Mountains You've Never Skied (2013)
SKI Magazine, November 2012
Director of Marketing