Jan 24, 2021
Jan 25, 2021
Jan 26, 2021
All About A-Basin
Arapahoe Basin 101: (stats and facts, profiles of each area of the mountain)
A-Basin Staff blog (great source of story ideas!)
Major Press Releases
- A-Basin to Reopen May 27 Following State-Mandated COVID-19 Closure, March 2020
- COVID-19 updates from our COO, March 2019
- A-Basin Joins the Ikon Pass, August 2019
- A-Basin Vail End Pass Partnership, February 2019
Media, Commercial Shoot & Event Contacts
Media and commercial productions inquiries
Email Her: KatherineF@a-basin.net
Advertising and event inquiries
Email Her: WhitneyH@a-basin.net
Media Passes & Tickets
A-Basin does not offer media passes or media discounts. If you are actively working on a story with a publication deadline, feel free to reach out to us about a lift ticket.
A-Basin Photos + Video / B-Roll
We are happy to provide content to news media. We will not provide content to commercial enterprises and are not able to respond to individuals requesting photos that were taken of them while they were at A-Basin.
- Please email Katherine Fuller, Communications Manager, for A-Basin images and B-roll.
Commercial photography and videography + drones
"Commercial" is anything not strictly for news media. This includes any and all photos and videos related to a product and/or service, training videos, nonprofit productions and pretty much anything else not explicitly for news media use that will be posted to a website, YouTube, Instagram story, etc. Don't shoot your product launch video for Instagram Stories here; we will ask you to take it down.
- Please email Katherine Fuller for more information or to request permission. Plan on a week or more to obtain the required documents. Please note there is a site fee.
Webcam Images and Usage
Media outlets are permitted to use A-Basin's webcam images and timelapse videos in print, broadcast and social media, and may also embed these cams on their websites. Please consider these guidelines in return:
- Credit Arapahoe Basin Ski Area wherever applicable
- Do not crop our watermark out of the Prism cam shots (especially on social media)
- Link back to the ski area if you are embedding the cam image in your website
Click here for our extensive list of sustainability and environmental awards.
Westword "Best of Denver" 2019
Best New Chair - The Beavers
Best Steep Slope - The Steep Gullies
Pinnacol Assurance 2018 Circle of Safety Award
In recognition of our "superior risk management record"
Ranked #3 Best Ski Resort in Colorado
SnowPak.com, November 2017
Top 25 Ski Resorts for Seniors (#1 in the West)
SeniorSkiing.com/About.com, January 2016
25 Best Family Ski Resorts in North America
VacationIdea.com, January 2016
4 Mind-Blowing Bloody Marys
SKI Magazine online, October 2015
NSAA & SKI Magazine Golden Eagle Award for Environmental Excellence
National Ski Areas Association/SKI Magazine, May 2014
Top 10 Resorts for Character (2013)
Skimag.com, November 2012
Top 10 Ski Resorts in the U.S. (2013, ranked by "awesomeness")
Forbes, December 2012
10 Best Mountains You've Never Skied (2013)
SKI Magazine, November 2012