Get insider insight Follow along with ski patroller Tim Walsh as he shows you around the different zones and hiking areas of the East Wall. This is our classic expert hike-to terrain, rising high above the rest of the ski area and comprising the dramatic mountains to our east.
The East Wall is Arapahoe Basin's most classic, well-known expert terrain. To ski or ride it is to know this adventurous, challenging ski area at its core. Comprised of multiple hiking routes, two boot-packing routes and extra-spicy lines, you could spend days exploring the 500-600 foot, 30-40 degree chutes that fan out onto wide-open aprons. Few places give you access to such terrain with just two, short lift rides from the base area.
Important information for skiing / riding The East Wall
- Enter through gates only (do not duck ropes)
- Observe all signage and closures
- Rescue from this area can be difficult and time-consuming
- Do not hike above the traverse except via designated boot-packing routes (Willies Wide, Tree Chutes)
- Expect hidden and unmarked obstacles
- This is expert-only terrain
- The East Wall is conditions dependent and can open or close at any time