Benefits and Perks
Jul 4, 2020
Jul 5, 2020
Jul 6, 2020
It's pretty fun to be part of the A-Basin family! Learn more about the perks you receive when you work at The Legend.
Employee ski and ride benefits
- Free Arapahoe Basin season pass for you and your dependents. A-Basin has one of the longest ski seasons in North America!
- Real Deal Voucher Program: Free lift ticket vouchers for Aspen/Buttermilk/Highlands/Snowmass, Ski Cooper, Copper, Echo, Eldora, Granby Ranch, Loveland, Powderhorn, Purgatory, Steamboat, Sunlight, Telluride, & Winter Park (50% off for dependents)
- Gems Voucher Program: Free lift ticket vouchers for Monarch
- Transferable ski pass for Summit County mountains: Keystone, Breckenridge, Vail, Beaver Creek. Limited use, restrictions apply.
Ski and ride with your friends and family
- 50% off Arapahoe Basin lift tickets
- Earned Arapahoe Basin comp tickets
- Transferable ski pass for Real Deal mountains (limited use, restrictions apply)
Ski area discounts
- Food and beverage discounts
- Rental and tuning discounts
- Retail discounts
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted membership fee at Silverthorne Rec Center
- Access to gear deals via ExpertVoice.com and OutdoorProlink.com
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance through Cigna for full-time employees beginning on the 1st of the month following date of hire
- Supplemental Accident and Critical Illness Insurance through VOYA for employees working over 15 hours/week beginning on the 1st of the month after date of hire
- Flexible Spending Account through Rocky Mountain Reserve for full-time employees
- 401 (k) for eligible employees
- Vacation and/or Paid Time Off for eligible full-time employees
- First season employees are eligible for up to a $0.50/hr. raise on their 60-day review (varies by department)
Employee referral program
- Refer a friend to work at Arapahoe Basin and receive a financial bonus if they are hired and work for a specified amount of time (varies by department).
Employee recognition and wellness events
- “Take 5’s” are $5 vouchers given for a job well done
- A-Mazing Employee Parties are thrown for employees to celebrate their exceptional work. Winners receive $100.
- Other fun events include raffles to win prizes including ski and hot springs trips, Karaoke nights, a big end-of-season party, skinning night, yoga, gym days, Colorado Rockies games, financial planning, etc.
Recycling and composting
- Arapahoe Basin has an extensive recycling and composting program for employees and guests. Please reference our Sustainability page to learn more.
Paid volunteer days
- Participate in mountain and highway clean-up days during the summer.
- Base Area and Rentals: work four, 10-hour days
- Food and Beverage: receive a "shift meal" (free meal) each day worked; opportunities for advancement
- Lift Operations: receive an hour break each day that can be used to ski or ride
- Guest Services and Snow Sports: availability to receive training pay increase