Jul 24, 2021
Jul 25, 2021
Jul 26, 2021
A-Basin offers several housing options and resources for employees looking for a place to live in Summit and the surrounding counties.
Arapahoe Basin is located on Highway 6 / Loveland Pass Road, just 68 miles west of downtown Denver, 5 miles east of Keystone and 20 miles northeast of Breckenridge. Many of our staff live in Keystone, Dillon, Silverthorne, Frisco, Wildernest or Summit Cove.
- Employee housing is limited and distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. Employee housing is NOT guaranteed.
- Full-time employees in eligible departments could receive employee housing. Applicants will be able to discuss housing at the end of the interview process.
RATES & ROOMS
Shared Room: $460 per month Including utilities except internet (Most common)
In this room type you will share a room with one other Arapahoe Basin employee in a 2-3 bedroom, 2 bath condo in Dillon or Keystone, CO. There are two twin beds in each room. You will share the common spaces with one approx. 3 other people. These condos are more spacious than our other options and are approximately 15 minutes from Arapahoe Basin.
Single Room: $600 per month Including utilities except internet (Very limited)
In this room type you will live in your own bedroom 2 bedroom/1-2 bath condo in Dillon or Keystone, CO. You will share the common spaces with one-two other people. These condos are more spacious than our other options and are approximately 15 minutes from Arapahoe Basin.
Tenderfoot Single Room: $530 per month including utilities (Parking fees extra.)
In this room type you will live in your own bedroom but will share a bathroom with two other people in a 3 bedroom/1 bath dorm style housing building in Keystone, CO. These unit were built specifically for employee housing and are smaller than what you might consider a normal apartment. These rooms are approximately 10 minutes from Arapahoe Basin.
CHECK-IN AND FEES DUE PRIOR TO MOVE-IN*
Tenderfoot move-in Fee $50
*All fees must be paid prior to check-in. No exceptions.
- Rent is pro-rated to the day of check-in; this will be updated on your first paycheck deduction
- You may check in up to 5 days before your start date, but no earlier
- Check-in times are limited and transportation is required from check-in to your housing location. Please plan travel and transportation accordingly.
- Rent is deducted from your paychecks.
- All room types are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis
- You can request a roommate if you have a friend who has also been offered a job with housing.
Keystone and Dillon Valley
Common areas (living room, kitchen, bathroom) and closet space are all shared. Please keep this in mind when packing. Units are 2 or 3 bedrooms with 1 or 2 bathrooms.
|Furnishings & Amenities|
Bed frame, mattress, couch, chairs, full kitchen, bathroom, on-site laundry. Tenant must provide kitchenware, bed linens, toiletries. Some units offer Wi-Fi.
The Summit Stage (Swan Mountain Flyer route) bus system can provide you free transportation to and from work. The Swan Mountain Flyer runs from mid-November through mid-April. A Basin generally opens and closes outside of these operating dates. It is the employee's responsibility to secure transportation to and from work.
Limited parking passes are available per unit and are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis.
REGULATIONS TO KNOW
- Company-sponsored housing units are pet-free, smoke-free and drug-free establishments. The use of cigarettes or marijuana (both medical and recreational in any form) is not permitted in employee housing.
- Pre-scheduled room inspections are conducted once a month to ensure basic cleanliness and compliance with housing rules and regulations. Failure to pass these inspections may result in eviction.
We dedicate our employee housing to those who are new to Summit County with the goal of helping them get established in the community. Although we cannot offer company-sponsored employee housing to everyone, we are happy to help you in your housing search.
We strongly encourage all applicants to plan ahead and start their searches early when looking for rental properties in Summit County. It can be difficult to find affordable season rentals in the towns nearest the ski area.
Being financially prepared will make for a much more successful housing search experience. It is possible to work 2-3 weeks prior to receiving a paycheck depending on your start date. Be prepared for the cost of relocating, including travel, food and housing expenses. The average cost per room in a rental property can range from $800 to over $1000/month with first, last and security deposit due at lease signing. The good news is that the majority of our employees have self-procured housing, and it's possible to find people to room with who also work at the Basin.
Local Towns and Areas
Local towns and unincorporated areas of Summit County include: Dillon, Silverthorne, Frisco, Breckenridge, Keystone, Summit Cove, Dillon Valley, Loveland Pass Village, and Wildernest.
Other areas in Summit County and surrounding counties with affordable housing options include: Leadville, Alma, Blue River, Heeney, Kremmling and Georgetown.
These areas generally require a one-way commute of approximately 45-90 minutes to A-Basin depending on weather and road conditions.