Summer Trail Run #1
Thu, Jul 16 - Sun, Jul 19
Join us for race #1 of a three-part series of uphill challenges. Things are looking a little different this year we are going Virtual. The new format will give you Thursday - Sunday to complete the race and to upload you time to strava. At the end, we will still be sending out prizes to the winners. Races begin in Mountain Goat Plaza at 10,780’ with twists and turns along the way; races will finish in the base area. The trail runs at A-Basin are a challenging way to start your Sunday!
- Create the segment
- Mark the course
- Verify the racers run
- Compile Results by Category
- Award prizes to Top 3 in each category
What the Runner will have to do
- Register at Arapahoebasin.com
- Have a STRAVA profile (free versions available) and be familiar with how to use it.
- Run the segment accurately and in the permissible timeframe (from Thursday at 9:00 a.m. to Sunday at 4:00 p.m. NO NIGHT RUNS
- Scroll to the bottom for more information on strava
$25 for the run
$40 for the run and a $20 lunch voucher
BUY NOW coming soon
$60 for all three races: July 14, August 8 and August 18
$100 for all three races and a lunch voucher valued at $60*
BUY NOW coming soon
Competitors will run from the base area along the Argentine-North Fork Trail to mid-mountain, continuing down the Summer Road. Racers will go down the summer road until the follow the Argentine-North Fork Trail back to the base with a finish in Mountain Goat Plaza.
The total distance of this race is 3.8 miles with a total elevation gain of 1,000 feet.
- All guests will have four days to complete the race Thursday-Sunday
- You can complete the race from 9:00 a.m.
- This event is for humans only and no dogs will be allowed on the trail during the race. Please leave your dogs at home or with a friend in the base area.
- All summer events are NON-REFUNDABLE and will go on rain or shine!
All racers will need a STRAVA user profile. If you don’t have a Strava account already I suggest getting one and becoming familiar with it. There is a free version.
There are two ways to use Strava:
- Download the App to your phone.
- Make sure GPS is enabled
- Phone is charged
- Make sure Battery Saving mode is OFF
- Hit Record…and then hit Start
- A rolling start is necessary for accurate timing. Be sure to hit “Record” and “Start” before you go past the Start Segment Sign. And, conversely, ride past the Finish Segment sign before you hit “Stop”>”Finish”>”Save” (this terminology is Strava specific. We recognize that those riding with GPS head units have different steps and lingo)
- Strava will recognize the portion of your ride that matches our Strava Segment and we’ll take it from there.
Use a GPS unit from a company such as Garmin, Suunto, Polar.
- Ride the segment
- Upload to Strava after your ride
- Strava will match your Ride to our Segment and we’ll take it from there
LIVE SEGMENTS for PRE-RUNNING and DURING EVENT Starred Segments
- If you “Star” the segment the App will alert you as your getting close to the start of the segment.
- This can be very useful for PRE-RIDING before the course gets marked.
- There is a star next to every segment you look up in your dashboard. Simply click that Star.
- Free Athletes:
- Approaching a segment: You will hear an audible cue (a chime) if enabled, and see a notification when approaching a starred or popular segment.
- Starting a segment: You will see your current progress on a map, but will not see comparison metrics (PR or KOM/QOM/CR)
- Completing a segment: When you complete the segment, you will be shown your final performance results and will be transitioned back into the normal recording experience.
- Approaching a segment: When approaching a starred or popular segment, you will be transitioned from your recording screen to a Live Segment notification. You will hear an audible cue (if enabled) and see the segment name and your position relative to that segment.
- Starting a segment: When you pass into a segment, you’ll be shown a bird’s eye view where you can follow your avatar as well as the avatars for your PR (if one exists for this segment) and KOM/QOM/CR progress.
- Completing the segment: When you complete the segment, you will be shown your final performance results and will be transitioned back into the normal recording experience.