Sep 25, 2021
Sep 26, 2021
Sep 27, 2021
Stay tuned for winter 2020-21 updates. The information on this page will change.
After you book your lesson, you will receive a pre-arrival email with important details. Please read it carefully.
Tips for a good lesson experience
- Dress for success
- Wear warm socks, UV eye protection like sunglasses or goggles, waterproof gloves or mittens, sunscreen and layers for changing alpine weather conditions.
- We can't stress enough the importance of protective eyewear. If you forget glasses or goggles at home, you can purchase a spare pair in the Rental Shop, the Kids Center or in the Arapahoe Sports retail shop.
- Getting to Arapahoe Basin
- Checking in: When to arrive, where to go
- All kids' lessons check in at the Kids Center. You can also pick up your lift ticket and get your child's rentals here.
- All adult and private lessons check in at the Rental Shop in the Winter Sports Building (it's just a few steps from the Kids Center).
- We recommend you arrive no later than 8:30 a.m. for a morning lesson. That way, you have time to pick up your lift ticket and rentals without feeling rushed. Morning and full-day lessons begin at 9:55 a.m.; afternoon lessons begin at 1:25 p.m. Kids in morning or full-day lessons can be dropped off at the Kids Center as early as 8:00 a.m.
- Note: all class lessons include a lift ticket. You will receive your lift ticket when you check in.
- Full-day kids lessons include lunch. While we strive to accommodate all of our guests, we cannot guarantee a completely allergen-free environment. Please alert us to any allergies before you arrive.
- Need gear? Rent it here!
- You can rent helmets, skis, snowboards, boots, poles right in the Rental Shop (for adults) or in Kids Center when you drop off your child.
- Ski jackets and pants are available to rent for the day in both the Rental Shop and the Kids Center.
- Finishing up your day
- You can meet your child after his or her lesson on the snow at the Pika Place Meeting Area, located adjacent to the Black Mountain Express Lift.
- If you are in a morning lesson, the lift ticket and rentals may be used for the rest of the ski day.
- Please return all rental equipment to the Rental Shop by 4:30 p.m. or the Kids Center by 4:00 p.m.
- Have a family plan for the rest of the day
- Have a meeting plan with your family if you plan to split up during the ski day as cell service is extremely limited. Currently, only AT&T phones have service at our mountain. Free wifi is available in the A-Frame base lodge and at Black Mountain Lodge at mid-mountain.
Safe Chairlift Loading & Riding
This is the only way to guarantee a lesson on the day of your visit. Book your lesson online or call 888-ARAPAHOE (open 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., seven days a week) to reserve over the phone.
- Reservations must be made the day before your lesson. You can book your lesson on the phone the day prior by 4:00 p.m. or you can book online until 11:59 p.m. the day prior.
- Daily walk-ins are welcome based on availability. We cannot guarantee availability for walk-ins.
- Adult class lessons and all private lessons check in at the Winter Sports Center.
- Kids class lessons check in at the Kids Center.
Lessons will depart promptly at the scheduled time. Please allow yourself enough time for parking, lesson check-in, and rentals (if needed). On busy days, this process can take approximately 1 to 1.5 hours.
- Private lessons are non-refundable from time of booking.
- There is no charge for the first rescheduling of a lesson.
- Rescheduling a lesson a 2nd time or more will incur a $25 fee for each additional reschedule.
- There is no penalty for a cancellation up to 48 hours before scheduled lesson.
- Lessons cancelled within 48 hours of scheduled lesson will be subject to a $25 cancellation fee.
- Lessons that are not rescheduled or cancelled (No Shows) will be charged the full amount of the lesson.
- Cancellations made ten days prior to start of session will receive a full refund
- Cancellations made within ten days will receive a 50% refund
- For day-of cancellations or those made after the start of the session, there is no refund.