Apr 22, 2018
Apr 23, 2018
Apr 24, 2018
Here are some tips to make your day at our mountain one worth repeating.
If you need more information, you can call Guest Services at 888-ARAPAHOE (888.272.7246) or email our Snowsports School at email@example.com.
Tips for a good lesson experience
- Dress for success
- Wear warm socks, UV eye protection like sunglasses or goggles, waterproof gloves or mittens, sunscreen and layers for changing alpine weather conditions.
- We can't stress enough the importance of protective eyewear. If you forget glasses or goggles at home, you can purchase a spare pair in the Rental Shop, the Kids Center or in the Arapahoe Sports retail shop.
- Getting to Arapahoe Basin
- Checking in: When to arrive, where to go
- All kids' lessons check in at the Kids Center. You can also pick up your lift ticket and get your child's rentals here.
- All adult and private lessons check in at the Rental Shop in the Winter Sports Building (it's just a few steps from the Kids Center).
- We recommend you arrive one hour prior to the start of your lesson; on Saturdays and Sundays, please plan to arrive no later than 8:30 a.m. for a morning lesson. That way, you have time to pick up your lift ticket and rentals without feeling rushed. Morning and full-day lessons begin at 9:55 a.m.; afternoon lessons begin at 1:15 p.m. Kids in morning or full-day lessons can be dropped off at the Kids Center as early as 8:00 a.m.
- Note: all class lessons include a lift ticket. You will receive your lift ticket when you check in.
- Full-day kids lessons include lunch. While we strive to accommodate all of our guests, we cannot guarantee a completely allergen-free environment. Please alert us to any allergies before you arrive.
- Need gear? Rent it here
- You can rent helmets, skis, snowboards, boots, poles right in the Rental Shop (for adults) or in Kids Center when you drop off your child.
- Ski jackets and pants are available to rent for the day in both the Rental Shop and the Kids Center.
- Finishing up your day
- You can meet your child after his or her lesson on the snow at the Pika Place Meeting Area, located adjacent to the Black Mountain Express Lift.
- If you are in a morning lesson, the lift ticket and rentals may be used for the rest of the ski day.
- Please return all rental equipment to the Rental Shop by 4:30 p.m. or the Kids Center by 4:00 p.m.
- Have a family plan for the rest of the day
- Have a meeting plan with your family if you plan to split up during the ski day as cell service is extremely limited. Currently, only AT&T phones have service at our mountain. Free wifi is available in the A-Frame base lodge and at Black Mountain Lodge at mid-mountain.
This is the only way to guarantee a lesson on the day of your visit. Book your lesson online or call 888-ARAPAHOE (open 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., seven days a week) to reserve over the phone.
- Reservations must be made the day before your lesson. You can book your lesson on the phone the day prior by 4:00 p.m. or you can book online until 11:59 p.m. the day prior.
- Daily walk-ins are welcome based on availability. We cannot guarantee availability for walk-ins.
- Adult class lessons and all private lessons check in at the Winter Sports Center.
- Kids class lessons check in at the Kids Center.
Lessons will depart promptly at the scheduled time. Please allow yourself enough time for parking, lesson check-in, and rentals (if needed). On busy days, this process can take approximately 1 to 1.5 hours.
- Private lessons are non-refundable from time of booking.
- There is no charge for the first rescheduling of a lesson.
- Rescheduling a lesson a 2nd time or more will incur a $25 fee for each additional reschedule.
- There is no penalty for a cancellation up to 48 hours before scheduled lesson.
- Lessons cancelled within 48 hours of scheduled lesson will be subject to a $25 cancellation fee.
- Lessons that are not rescheduled or cancelled (No Shows) will be charged the full amount of the lesson.
- Cancellations made ten days prior to start of session will receive a full refund
- Cancellations made within ten days will receive a 50% refund
- For day-of cancellations or those made after the start of the session, there is no refund.