Summer at A-Basin
Sep 19, 2019
Sep 20, 2019
Sep 21, 2019
Join us for our final weekend of summer!
The longest ski season in Colorado makes us The Legend, but so do our stunning landscape, great food and chill vibe--all great things that carry over into summer. Experience high-alpine views and a remote mountain feel while not being far away from a delicious bacon bloody Mary and house-smoked BBQ. A-Basin in the summer is peaceful, beautiful and casual.
Not sure how to get here? Visit this page.
Summer Hours, July 5 - September 15
Saturday, Sept. 14 is Oktoberfest and the last day for the 6th Alley Bar & Grill
Scenic chairlift rides are FREE on Saturday, Sept. 14. 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Access our trails and disc golf course seven days a week
- Black Mountain Lodge (mid-mountain) is open for lunch Saturdays and Sundays, 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. The final day for this is Sunday, September 15.
- The 6th Alley Bar & Grill (base area) is open for lunch and drinks Friday, Sept. 13 and Sat. Sept. 14, 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Summer 2019 Events
- June 29: Local Jam Band Day
- July 11: Yoga on the mountain (hike to Black Mountain Lodge)
- July 13: Low Country Shrimp Boil. It’s the Southeast's equivalent to a New England clam bake! Come on out for giant stockpots full of shrimp and potatoes cooked in beer + live music.
- July 27: Mountain Meltdown CrossFit 5K
- August 3-4: Sanctioned disc golf tournament
- August 10: Cirque Series trail running race. 6.8 miles, 1,890’ elevation gain.
- August 17: Colorado Harvest Fest. Enjoy a day filled with Colorado’s favorite foods, including green chili, sweet corn, peaches, local cider and local wine.
- September 8: New England-style Lobster Boil and Clam Bake. As tasty as it sounds. (Reservations required.)
- September 7-8: A-Basin Disc Golf Tournament
- September 14: Oktoberfest at the Basin
- Yoga: Fridays and Sundays on the deck of The Perch (A-Frame, base area). June 28 – September 15
- Guided Wildflower Hikes: Sundays and Mondays, July 21 – August 19
- A-Basin trail running series: July 14, August 4, August 18
- Live music: Every Saturday from 1:00 – 4:00 p.m. June 29 – September 14
FOOD AND DRINK
The 6th Alley Bar and Grill in Arapahoe Basin’s base area is a great place to stop for drinks and lunch whether you’ve been hiking, playing a round of disc golf or cycling on Loveland Pass.
- 6th Alley Bar & Grill Summer Hours: Fridays-Mondays, 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Hike, bike or ride the lift to mid-mountain to enjoy some of our house-smoked BBQ on the deck of the Black Mountain Lodge.
- Black Mountain Lodge Summer Hours: Saturdays and Sundays, 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Visit us for FREE concerts all summer in our beautiful base area. Bands that play at A-Basin are family-friendly with genres spanning bluegrass, funk, rock and jazz. Enjoy drink specials and rotating food options.
- Summer Concert Schedule: Saturdays from 1:00 – 4:00 p.m., June 29 – September 14.
SCENIC LIFT RIDES: Free on Sept. 14
Take the Black Mountain Express lift to mid-mountain at Arapahoe Basin, where you can discover unparalleled vistas of the Continental Divide, explore the upper mountain, eat lunch at Black Mountain Lodge and hike the Argentine-North Fork Trail. Lift tickets start at $10 and are free for 2019-20 pass holders.
- Summer Lift Hours: Saturdays and Sundays, 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., July 6 - September 15
HIKING / TRAIL RUNNING
- Guided Wildflower Hikes: Most Sundays and Mondays, July 22 – August 19, 11:00 a.m.
- A-Basin Trail Running Series: July 14, August 4, August 18, 10:00 a.m.
Our main hiking trails are also open to mountain bikes. The front-side trail is about 3 miles long and takes riders to the top of our lift-accessed terrain at 12,500 feet. Explore the riding.
We do not currently offer bike rentals, beginner trails, skills clinics, mountain bike programming or bike haul on our lifts. eMTBs (electric-assist mountain bikes) are not allowed on our trails per U.S. Forest Service regulations.
A-Basin is home to an 18-hole, 3-par course. Play for free seven days a week! Don't forget to check out the sanctioned disc golf tournament August 3-4 and the A-Basin disc golf tournament, September 7-8. The baskets will stay up as long as possible.
Arapahoe Basin offers twice-weekly yoga sessions throughout the summer in a beautiful mountain setting. Check out our one-hour sessions on the deck of the Perch, overlooking our beautiful mountain. Or, register for Yoga on the Mountain which combines hiking, yoga and a luncheon at Black Mountain Lodge.
- Summer Yoga: Fridays and Sundays, June 28 – September 15. Please register in advance.
Arapahoe Sports retail store is open Friday - Monday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. from June 28-September 16. Summer specials include tie-dye T-shirts, disc golf discs, sunglasses, hats and a wide range of gifts.