Summer at A-Basin
Nov 22, 2019
Nov 23, 2019
Nov 24, 2019
Thank you for a great summer! Disc golf and mountain biking will re-open in the summer of 2020.
The longest ski season in Colorado makes us The Legend, but so do our stunning landscape, great food and chill vibe--all great things that carry over into summer. Experience high-alpine views and a remote mountain feel while not being far away from a delicious bacon bloody Mary and house-smoked BBQ. A-Basin in the summer is peaceful, beautiful and casual.
Not sure how to get here? Visit this page.
Summer Hours, July 5 - September 15
Saturday, Sept. 14 is Oktoberfest and the last day for the 6th Alley Bar & Grill
Scenic chairlift rides are FREE on Saturday, Sept. 14. 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Access our trails and disc golf course seven days a week
- Black Mountain Lodge (mid-mountain) is open for lunch Saturdays and Sundays, 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. The final day for this is Sunday, September 15.
- The 6th Alley Bar & Grill (base area) is open for lunch and drinks Friday, Sept. 13 and Sat. Sept. 14, 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Summer 2019 Events
- June 29: Local Jam Band Day
- July 11: Yoga on the mountain (hike to Black Mountain Lodge)
- July 13: Low Country Shrimp Boil. It’s the Southeast's equivalent to a New England clam bake! Come on out for giant stockpots full of shrimp and potatoes cooked in beer + live music.
- July 27: Mountain Meltdown CrossFit 5K
- August 3-4: Sanctioned disc golf tournament
- August 10: Cirque Series trail running race. 6.8 miles, 1,890’ elevation gain.
- August 17: Colorado Harvest Fest. Enjoy a day filled with Colorado’s favorite foods, including green chili, sweet corn, peaches, local cider and local wine.
- September 8: New England-style Lobster Boil and Clam Bake. As tasty as it sounds. (Reservations required.)
- September 7-8: A-Basin Disc Golf Tournament
- September 14: Oktoberfest at the Basin
- Yoga: Fridays and Sundays on the deck of The Perch (A-Frame, base area). June 28 – September 15
- Guided Wildflower Hikes: Sundays and Mondays, July 21 – August 19
- A-Basin trail running series: July 14, August 4, August 18
- Live music: Every Saturday from 1:00 – 4:00 p.m. June 29 – September 14
FOOD AND DRINK
The 6th Alley Bar and Grill in Arapahoe Basin’s base area is a great place to stop for drinks and lunch whether you’ve been hiking, playing a round of disc golf or cycling on Loveland Pass.
- 6th Alley Bar & Grill Summer Hours: Fridays-Mondays, 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Hike, bike or ride the lift to mid-mountain to enjoy some of our house-smoked BBQ on the deck of the Black Mountain Lodge.
- Black Mountain Lodge Summer Hours: Saturdays and Sundays, 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Visit us for FREE concerts all summer in our beautiful base area. Bands that play at A-Basin are family-friendly with genres spanning bluegrass, funk, rock and jazz. Enjoy drink specials and rotating food options.
- Summer Concert Schedule: Saturdays from 1:00 – 4:00 p.m., June 29 – September 14.
SCENIC LIFT RIDES: Free on Sept. 14
Take the Black Mountain Express lift to mid-mountain at Arapahoe Basin, where you can discover unparalleled vistas of the Continental Divide, explore the upper mountain, eat lunch at Black Mountain Lodge and hike the Argentine-North Fork Trail. Lift tickets start at $10 and are free for 2019-20 pass holders.
- Summer Lift Hours: Saturdays and Sundays, 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., July 6 - September 15
HIKING / TRAIL RUNNING
- Guided Wildflower Hikes: Most Sundays and Mondays, July 22 – August 19, 11:00 a.m.
- A-Basin Trail Running Series: July 14, August 4, August 18, 10:00 a.m.
Our main hiking trails are also open to mountain bikes. The front-side trail is about 3 miles long and takes riders to the top of our lift-accessed terrain at 12,500 feet. Explore the riding.
We do not currently offer bike rentals, beginner trails, skills clinics, mountain bike programming or bike haul on our lifts. eMTBs (electric-assist mountain bikes) are not allowed on our trails per U.S. Forest Service regulations.
A-Basin is home to an 18-hole, 3-par course. Play for free seven days a week! Don't forget to check out the sanctioned disc golf tournament August 3-4 and the A-Basin disc golf tournament, September 7-8. The baskets will stay up as long as possible.
Arapahoe Basin offers twice-weekly yoga sessions throughout the summer in a beautiful mountain setting. Check out our one-hour sessions on the deck of the Perch, overlooking our beautiful mountain. Or, register for Yoga on the Mountain which combines hiking, yoga and a luncheon at Black Mountain Lodge.
- Summer Yoga: Fridays and Sundays, June 28 – September 15. Please register in advance.
Arapahoe Sports retail store is open Friday - Monday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. from June 28-September 16. Summer specials include tie-dye T-shirts, disc golf discs, sunglasses, hats and a wide range of gifts.