Spring at the Basin
May 21, 2019
May 22, 2019
May 23, 2019
We’re open until June 9!
Open seven days a week through Sunday, June 2. We will re-open for at least one more long weekend: June 7, 8 and 9. If conditions are still good after that, we may be open for additional weekends.
With a base-area elevation of 10,780 feet, we have the longest season in Colorado. Park for free, walk to the base area, hop on a lift and start skiing from top to bottom; it’s that simple. Here’s what to expect until closing day.
Hours of Operation and Terrain Status
- Open seven days a week through Sunday, June 2. Open June 7-9.* Stay tuned for additional weekend announcements!
- Click here for up-to-date terrain information, including the status of beginner runs.
- We'll still have top-to-bottom skiing on intermediate runs on closing day, via the Black Mountain Express and Lenawee Lifts.
- Our two, main terrain parks are still open!
- Lifts start turning at 8:30 a.m. on weekends and 9:00 a.m. on weekdays, and close at 4:00 p.m. through June 2.
- *Lifts will run 8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. during extension weekends. See our operation hours page for complete information.
Spring Tickets and Passes
Get unlimited access through closing day! BUY NOW.
Get unlimited access through closing day plus a full season pass for the 2019-20 season. BUY NOW.
Ski any three days with no blackout dates! BUY NOW.
Buy a ticket at least one day in advance to get a great deal! Have a season pass for another ski area? Show that pass at our ticket window for a $79 lift ticket. BUY online ahead of time for the best price.
Scenic Lift Ride + Lunch at Black Mountain Lodge
Experience our beautiful mountain and its remote, scenic setting with a $25 lift and lunch. Ride the Black Mountain Express to mid-mountain and enjoy house-smoked BBQ and a famous bacon bloody Mary on the sunny deck of Black Mountain Lodge with views of the Continental Divide. Purchase on-site in the Guest Services office. Call 888-ARAPAHOE for details.
FREE live music in Mountain Goat Plaza from 1:00-4:00 p.m. every Saturday plus every Sunday starting May 19. Check out the lineup for each day on our events page.
Swimwear Day, May 11
Rail Jams, May 11 + 25
BockFest aka spring Oktoberfest, May 19
Festival of the Brewpubs, May 26
Sample beer from 13 breweries, many of them local to Summit County, and enjoy tacos, house-smoked BBQ and live music from 12:00-4:00 p.m. Purchase a festival mug, now!
Value Season Private Lessons
Value season private lessons run daily through May 26. Learn for the first time or step up your skills on the mountain with a discounted one-, two- or four-hour lesson. Up to four friends or family members can join the private group for the same low price. Please call 888-ARAPAHOE to book and to get the most current terrain status.
Food and Beverage Options
Legend’s Café (cafeteria)
- Breakfast: Every day until 10:30 a.m.
- Lunch: Friday-Sunday 10:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
6th Alley Bar and Grill
- Breakfast: Friday-Sunday (but the bar opens at 8:00 a.m. every day)
- Lunch: Daily beginning at 10:30 a.m.
- Last call: 6:00 p.m.
Black Mountain Lodge (mid-mountain grill)
- Lunch: Daily, 10:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- House-smoked BBQ outside on the deck when the weather is nice. Soup, salad, BBQ and chicken fingers inside. Full bar available.
Il Rifugio (mountain-top European bistro)
- Lunch: Friday-Sunday, 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Taco Trailer (base-area food truck)
- Friday-Sunday, 11:00 a.m. until early afternoon
*Hours will change for bonus weekends.