May 24, 2018
May 25, 2018
May 26, 2018
Arapahoe Basin Beach Regulations & Pricing for the 2017-18 Season
Arapahoe Basin's Early Riser parking lot is home to a stretch of prime real estate known as "The Beach." The Beach backs up to the three lower mountain chairlifts and is the perfect spot to kick back between runs with family and friends. It's a scene unique to the Basin, and a guaranteed good time! The Beach often plays home to birthday celebrations, reunions, company parties, and other special events.
Due to its popularity, the Beach fills up fast. There are generally 15 spots available for reservations (dependent on snow conditions at the base); the rest are first-come, first-served. Each spot has room to park two vehicles and comes with a picnic table.
Beach Rules & Regulations
- Beach Spaces are non-refundable if cancelled inside 14 days of your reservation.
- All commercial activity is prohibited by the U.S. Forest Service and Arapahoe Basin. You may not charge for anything at your spot or sell anything on The Beach. Any promotional activity (including giveaways) MUST have prior approval from Arapahoe Basin. Inquiries regarding promotional activity must be submitted at least 72 hours in advance of your event.
- The use of marijuana is prohibited at Arapahoe Basin. It is illegal to use marijuana in public in the state of Colorado, and it is also illegal to use marijuana on Federal lands (A-Basin leases all of its land, including the parking lots and The Beach, from the U.S. Forest Service).
- You must leave your beach spot by 6:00 p.m. when the parking lot gate is locked.
- No overnight parking or camping at The Beach or in any of the A-Basin parking lots. Any vehicles left overnight will be towed at the owner’s expense.
- NO GLASS, please! We have plenty of recycling containers for aluminum cans and plastic bottles.
- GAS GRILLS ONLY. Charcoal grills and open fires are strictly prohibited.
- All dogs must be on a leash and cannot be left unattended. Please clean up after your dog.
- No DJs or bands without advance WRITTEN permission from Arapahoe Basin management. Please keep your music family-friendly and at a reasonable level as to not disturb those around you.
- No stages or constructions are allowed on the Beach. This includes hot tubs, furniture and permanent markings (paint). Please leave your spot the way you found it.
- Beach space reservations accommodate TWO PASSENGER CARS ONLY. Once your two spots are full, your guests will need to find parking elsewhere in one of our lots.
- LARGE VEHICLES: charter buses, trailers, RVs and vehicles over 20 feet are NOT permitted in our parking lots without advance written permission from Arapahoe Basin.
- Make sure that cars with your provisions arrive early to park near your Beach spot in Early Riser; we cannot accommodate extra vehicles once the lot is full. Please let your guests know this beforehand to avoid confusion.
- The Beach is located next to an ambulance egress and your party and/or vehicles may NOT block this lane in any way.
Leave No Trace
Arapahoe Basin strives to be kind to and maintain our pristine mountain environment. We have waste and recycling receptacles throughout out parking lots and base area, as well as compost receptacles in the A-Frame if you wish to participate in our food composting program.