Jan 24, 2021
Jan 25, 2021
Jan 26, 2021
Uphill access is now open as weather and mountain operations allow.
During operational hours, you MUST stick to the left (east) side of High Noon and cannot travel above Black Mountain Lodge after 8:30 a.m.
- EVERYONE must have a valid uphill access pass and armband to display it.
- Be aware of snowmaking equipment, snowmobiles, and snowcats.
- Please read and understand the information on this page.
- EVERYONE must have an uphill access pass and armband, even A-Basin season passholders.
- The uphill pass is FREE to A-Basin season passholders (full, midweek, military and senior, only). Reserve it online by signing the wavier. Just log into your account on our e-store.
- You may purchase an uphill access pass online for $59, but must pick it up in person at one of our ticket windows 7 days a week between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. (See additional details at the bottom of the page.)
- You MUST wear the provided armband while skinning or hiking AND carry your uphill access pass with you.
- The uphill access pass does NOT provide lift access.
- All Ikon and Mountain Collective Pass holders must purchase an annual uphill access pass. A-Basin Any Day (multi-day passes) passholders must purchase an annual uphill access pass.
- You cannot reuse a previous season's uphill pass. Please collect a new one.
BEFORE / AFTER winter operational hours
Use any of the open frontside green or blue routes below mid-mountain / Black Mountain Lodge. You may access the summit outside operational hours using open routes. Do not go into closed terrain; please note all on-mountain signage. Uphill access may be restricted for mountain operations or safety reasons. Access above Black Mountain Lodge is only via open routes and is prohibited after 8:30 a.m.
DURING winter operational hours
Uphill access is restricted to the eastern edge of High Noon between the Base Area and Black Mountain Lodge when lifts are turning. Access above Black Mountain Lodge is prohibited after 8:30 a.m.
Entering closed terrain is prohibited. It is the user's responsibility to know what is open or closed. Please plan your route before beginning your skin. Sometimes ropes are moved temporarily to accommodate grooming operations. You still need to know what is open/closed and stay out of closed terrain. The East Wall, Beavers and Steep Gullies, and all terrain parks, are always closed outside operational hours. DO NOT access those areas.
Closure notifications: If the mountain is closed to uphill access, a closed sign will be posted at the bottom of High Noon trail in the base area. Look for the flashing red light. If you are unsure, please ask. Uphill may close at any time.
- Please follow current COVID-19 safety guidelines. Do not congregate in the parking lot or base area, and wear a mask any time you must enter a building or cannot maintain 6 feet of physical distance from others--both indoors and outside.
- You are considered a skier under the Colorado Skier Safety Act and should know "Your Responsibility Code".
- The mountain may be closed to uphill access when avalanche control, snowmaking, race training, or other special activities are taking place.
- Uphill users are warned that snowmobiles, snowmaking equipment, snow grooming, winch cat cables and other equipment may be encountered at any time on the mountain and you are responsible to stay clear of such equipment.
- Dogs are allowed after hours but must be under control at all times. No dogs are allowed on the mountain during operating hours. Please clean up after your dog.
- Users accessing the mountain outside of normal operating hours do so at their own risk. Operational conditions may be variable including, but not limited to; closures removed for grooming operations, unfinished grooming activities, unmitigated avalanche hazards and limited visibility. Use extra caution!
- Uphill users who use the mountain during non-operational hours are asked to park in the Admin Lot (the small lot at the north end of the A-Frame) or in the parking area above the Admin Lot adjacent to Highway 6.
- The Early Riser, High Noon and Last Chance lots are locked at 6:00 p.m. Please plan accordingly.
- You may pick up your pass and the required armband at one of our ticket windows between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. seven days a week.
- If you would like to skin up before collecting your pass and armband, please print your email confirmation or have it accessible on your phone, and keep it with you on your first outing.
- Collect your pass and armband as soon as you are able to. Without an armband, ski patrol will be stopping you to check on your uphill pass status.