Feb 18, 2020
Feb 19, 2020
Feb 20, 2020
Visit our Terrain Status page for the most current info on uphill access availability. Please respect all closures for your safety.
Please note - January 11 - March 8, 2020
- Kids Club Arapahoe starts Saturday, Jan. 1,1 for 8 consecutive weekends (Saturdays and Sundays only). The Admin lot will be used for Kids Club morning drop off.
- Uphill pass holders: please park in the Early Riser lot on these Saturday and Sunday mornings, specifically the free rows (vs. the carpool/pay rows) of Early Riser, to help us acomodate Kids Club.
- Early Riser gates open at 6:00 a.m. Thank you!
Changes to Uphill Access for the 2019-20 Season
Everyone must have an uphill access pass + armband.
Beginning in the 2019-20 season, an annual A-Basin Uphill Access Pass is $30 for anyone without a current A-Basin-specific season pass. That $30 covers the whole season.
Uphill access is free for anyone with a current A-Basin full-season, midweek, senior or military pass, but you still must have an uphill access pass and armband.
Uphill Access Pass Info
- EVERYONE must have an uphill access pass and armband, even A-Basin season pass holders.
- You may purchase an uphill access pass online, but must pick it up in person in our Guest Services office, open 7 days a week between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. (See additional details at the bottom of the page.)
- You MUST wear the provided armband while skinning or hiking AND carry your uphill access pass with you.
- The uphill access pass does NOT provide lift access.
- Staff will be doing spot checks on the hill and at the Lenawee, Zuma and Beavers lifts.
- Ikon Pass, Ikon Base Pass and Mountain Collective Pass holders must purchase an uphill access pass for $30.
Hours and Routes
- During operational hours: Uphill access is restricted to the eastern edge of High Noon between the Base Area and Black Mountain Lodge. Access above Black Mountain Lodge is prohibited during operational hours (i.e. when the lifts are turning -- 9:00 a.m. on weekdays and 8:30 a.m. on weekends and holidays).
- Outside of operational hours: Uphill access may be restricted for mountain operations and safety reasons. Terrain parks are closed outside operational hours.
- Closed terrain: Entering closed terrain is prohibited. It is the user's responsibility to know what is open or closed. The East Wall, Beavers and Steep Gullies terrain are always closed to uphill access or descent outside operational hours.
- Closure notifications: If the mountain is closed to uphill access, a closed sign will be posted at the bottom of High Noon trail in the base area. Look for the flashing red light. If you are unsure, please ask.
- You are considered a skier under the Colorado Skier Safety Act and should know "Your Responsibility Code".
- The mountain may be closed to uphill access when avalanche control, snowmaking, race training, or other special activities are taking place.
- Uphill users are warned that snowmobiles, snowmaking equipment, snow grooming, winch cat cables and other equipment may be encountered at any time on the mountain and you are responsible to stay clear of such equipment.
- Dogs are allowed after hours but must be under control at all times. No dogs are allowed on the mountain during operating hours. Please clean up after your dog.
- Users accessing the mountain outside of normal operating hours do so at their own risk. Operational conditions may be variable including, but not limited to; closures removed for grooming operations, unfinished grooming activities, unmitigated avalanche hazards and limited visibility. Use extra caution!
- Uphill users who use the mountain during non-operational hours are asked to park in the Admin Lot (the small lot at the north end of the A-Frame) or in the parking area above the Admin Lot adjacent to Highway 6.
- The Early Riser, High Noon and Last Chance lots are locked at 6:00 p.m. Please plan accordingly.
Picking up Your Pass
- You may pick up your pass and the required armband at the A-Basin Season Pass Office between 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. seven days a week.
- If you would like to skin up before collecting your pass and armband, please print your email confirmation or have it accessible on your phone, and keep it with you on your first outing.
- Collect your pass and armband as soon as you are able to. Without an armband, ski patrol will be stopping you to check on your uphill pass status.
Rise and Shine Rando Series
Join us for a six-part series of uphill challenges on Tuesday mornings in November, December and January. Choose just one or event all five!
Starting in Mountain Goat Plaza at 10,780 and finishing near the Summit at 12,474 with twists and turns along the way, the early morning Rise and Shine Rando Races are a fun and challenging way to start your day!
Each race is $25 and takes place from 7:00 - 9:00 a.m. Click here for details and dates.