Pali Chair Auction
Sep 21, 2023
Sep 22, 2023
Sep 23, 2023
PALI CHAIR AUCTION
We have auctioned off one of three Pali chairs to support four local nonprofits.
All profits from these last two chairs will be split evenly between the Summit County Care Clinic, The Summit Foundation, Family Intercultural Resource Center, and Summit County Cares Emergency Fund. In the next month we will have two week-long periods to grab the last two and final Pali chairs. We will also be selling the pali rope during this period. Please read all of the info on this page to understand how this works. And good luck!
- First eBid chair auction: September 15 - September 29
- Second eBid chair auction September 30 - October 14
- Nonprofits receiving 100% of the funds (split evenly): Family Intercultural Resource Center, Summit Community Care Clinic, Summit Foundation, Summit County Cares Emergency Fund
- Bidding is open to anyone (i.e. don’t have to be a passholder)
- Please read and understand eBids terms and conditions before you bid
- Please don’t bid if you don’t intend to buy the chair. You might actually win it!
- You have the option to ship the chair, but you MUST pay for it separately and arrange ALL details, yourself (including packaging, pickup and transport).
- You will not purchase through ebid. You will purchase directly from A-Basin
Read more about the nonprofits we chose to support, below.
Not only are these organizations integral to the health and success of our community members, they have also been on the front lines of Summit County’s COVID-19 response. Thank you for learning more about them and choosing to support them via our chair auctions.
Family Intercultural Resource Center
The Family and Intercultural Resource Center (FIRC) has been serving Summit County, Colorado, since 1993 in the ways of parenting education, emergency assistance and community support, a food bank, cultural integration and an affordable thrift store. It is a 501(c)3 nonprofit working to build strong families and a strong community by providing people with the tools and education to be successful parents and community members.
Summit Community Care Clinic
Summit Community Care Clinic is a Federally Qualified Health Center that provides a full range of integrated care services inclusive of medical, dental and behavioral health services through a team-based model of care. It is the only clinic in its 5-county service area that offers a comprehensive sliding fee scale, primary care to Medicaid and low-income, uninsured patients, and is the only safety net dental provider.
The Summit Foundation is a local community foundation providing leadership and resources to assist local working families, resolve critical community issues and preserve the quality of life we all enjoy in our beautiful mountains. Through the generosity of more than 3,000 donors, $35 million has been contributed to Summit County and our neighboring communities over the past 35 years.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How do I pay for a chair?
- If you are selected from the interest list and agree to purchase a chair, you will be call by our guest Service agents to process your payment via credit card, as well as a bill of sale to sign digitally.
- Will you offer a payment plan for the chair?
- Unfortunately, we are unable to do this. You must pay for the chair in full when payment is due.
- Will you ship me a chair?
- We strongly encourage you to make arrangements to pick up your chair or have someone you trust pick it up for you. We will accommodate shipping your chair but you must arrange everything and pay for it separately, yourself, including having the chair packaged, loaded and transported (we will not do these things). At this time we are only able to offer minimal assistance. A-Basin is not responsible for the condition of the chair upon its arrival to you.
- How does pickup work?
- If you are able to purchase a chair, information will be emailed to you regarding dates, times and procedures for chair pickup.
- A proxy can pick up your chair for you, but you MUST make arrangements with us beforehand so we know who that person is. If you do not pick up your chair by a certain date (TBD), you will forfeit, be issued a refund and your chair will be sold to someone else.
- What do I get with the chair?
- You get the chair. You will not receive the seat pad or grip.
- How big are the chairs? (Dimensions, weight, etc.)
- Chairs weigh 129 lbs. give or take
- 10’ tall with hanger
- 62” with the hanger removed. Requires a ¾” wrenches x 2 to take apart. 3 bolts.
- 47” wide.
- Can I get donation receipts from the nonprofits if I win a charity auction chair?
- Yes. If you win one of the auction chairs, we will help you with this.
- What about all of the other parts? Can I buy a piece of lift tower to turn into a smoker?
- We are currently selling the Pali rope. 3 ft for $20 and each additional foot is $2.
Pali Rope Sale
Take home a piece of The Legend this fall! In addition to our Pali Chair auction, we will also offer sections of the Pali haul rope for purchase. The haul rope will be sold in 3-foot pieces for $20. Additional pieces will be sold for $2 per foot. Whether you’re interested in creating a work of art from our history, constructing something for your home, or looking for a memento of The Black Jewel, visit us online today to secure your piece.Haul rope must be picked up on-site at Arapahoe Basin, you will be contacted via email after purchase to schedule your pick up. (Note: Pick up emails may take 1-2 weeks to be sent). There will be no refunds or returns.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How big are the pieces of haul rope? (Dimensions, weight, etc.)
- Haul rope is the thick, braided metal rope you see when you look up on a chairlift. It will be sold in 3-foot pieces unless otherwise discussed with the resort. After the purchase of 3 feet for $20, every additional foot is only $2.
- 3ft of haul rope is approximately 9.5 lbs.
- How do I pay for a piece of the rope?
- You must purchase pieces of the haul rope online, there will be no on-site sales. After online purchase, pick up will be on-site at Arapahoe Basin. You will be contacted by email after purchase to schedule your pick up. (Note: Pick up emails may take 1-2 weeks to be sent)
- Will you offer a payment plan for the haul rope?
- Unfortunately, we are unable to do this. You must pay for the rope in full at the time of purchase.
- How does pickup work?
- Haul rope must be picked up on-site at Arapahoe Basin, you will be contacted by email after purchase to schedule your pick up. (Note: Pick up emails may take 1-2 weeks to be sent)
- Can I purchase haul rope on-site?
- You may purchase haul rope directly on-site. When you pick up your piece of haul rope, you can purchase more.
- Will you ship me the haul rope?
- No, you must pick up your haul rope onsite or have someone you trust pick it up for you.