Winter 2020-21 COVID 19 Precautions
Oct 27, 2020
Oct 28, 2020
Oct 29, 2020
HEALTH & SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
The following guidelines are in alignment with current requirements from Summit County, the State of Colorado, the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE), and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Federal, state and local guidelines are subject to change.
All guests will be required to read and acknowledge the Arapahoe Basin COVID-19 policies and procedures. If you cannot follow these guidelines, you will be asked to leave.
"The responsibility for skiing and riding safely through COVID times falls on all of us. We all need to wear our masks and maintain physical distances at the appropriate times and places. Some of our services may look a little different, but skiing and riding will be the core of our winter experience. I look forward to seeing all of you with skis or snowboards on your feet!" - A-Basin COO Alan Henceroth
Wear a face covering when you are in any of the buildings, in the base area and riding a lift.
Adhere to physical distancing guidelines.
Stay home if you are sick or at high risk.
Leave immediately if you begin to show signs or symptoms of illness.
Wash your hands.
Please note and follow on-site signage.
Tailgating and large group gatherings in the parking lots will not be allowed. Only parties that arrived at the ski area together can gather and group sizes must be 10 or less.
Plan to boot up at your car and leave your stuff there. You will not be able to hang out, store things or eat a brown bag lunch inside. Buildings will have capacity restrictions and only be for dining customers and bathroom use.
Google-Apple Exposure Notification System (CDPHE recommended)
Specific A-BASIN Operations
Arapahoe Basin is committed to a responsible operating plan that aligns with Federal, State, and County direction. As both a major employer and winter recreational opportunity in Summit County, we understand the importance of putting the health and safety of our guests, staff, and communities first. Our 2020-21 winter operating plan is the product of extensive collaboration with industry partners such as the NSAA, CSCUSA, NSP, PSIA and numerous others. Please note that these procedures could change at any time.
LIFTS + LIFT LINES
- Lift lines have been re-designed to keep people 6 feet apart.
- Guests will be asked to self-group and load the chair with their traveling party. Lift attendants will not require guests to ride a chairlift with people they do not know.
- Parties not traveling together can load two at a time on quad chairs and one at a time on Lenawee and Pali. Please wear a face covering.
INDOOR SPACES + BATHROOMS
Buildings / indoor spaces will not be places to hang out this season and will have capacity restrictions per county health guidelines. Expect to only be able to go inside to use the bathroom or purchase food. Plan to gear up / boot up at your car and leave all of your belongings there, and do not plan to store personal items in our facilities.
- The Guest Services office will be closed. Please go to an outside ticket window for help.
- Lockers (and other indoor gear storage) will not be available.
- The kids play area on the second floor of the A-Frame will not be open.
- The number of guests inside Arapahoe Sports at any given time will be limited.
Dining will be available at Legends Cafe, The 6th Alley Bar & Grill and Black Mountain Lodge with some limitations. Buildings will have capacity restrictions (monitored by staff), spread-out tables for physical distancing and enhanced cleaning procedures. Complete details can be found on our dining pages closer to our opening day.
- To-go options will be available at all locations for eating outside.
- The cafeteria (Legends Cafe) will switch to a system of ordering with the cashier and table delivery instead of walk-through lines. Breakfast will consist only of grab-and-go items (to include hot food).
- The Coffee Corner inside the A-Frame will be closed for the season.
- You will not be able to eat your brown-bag lunch indoors. Please eat in your car.
PARKING + THE BEACH
- For the health and safety of our employees and guests, we will not operate our shuttle busses this winter season. All parking will be in one of our lots from which you can walk to the lifts.
- Tailgating and large group gatherings in the parking lots will not be allowed.
- Only parties that arrived at the ski area together can gather and group sizes must be 10 or less. (That number is subject to change pending state/county health guidelines.)
We intend to have rentals available. A limited number of people will be allowed in the rental shop at one time. Staff will wear face shields in addition to masks. Sanitation procedures will be enhanced for boots and helmets; clothing will not be available for rent. Advanced online reservations of at least 72 hours will be required.
SNOWSPORTS (SKI & RIDE LESSONS)
We intend to offer lessons beginning November 14 with reduced class sizes. Advanced online reservations of at least 72 hours will be required. The Kids Center will remain closed for the season for health and safety reasons. Please see our Snowsports page for more information.
A-Basin has adopted CDC guidelines including enhanced sanitation procedures designed to combat the transmission of COVID-19 for restrooms, door handles, counter tops, tables, chairs, benches and other high-touch surfaces. Alcohol-based sanitizer will be available for guests and employees at convenient locations to ensure proper hygiene.
All staff received mandatory training on all executive orders, county health orders, and A-Basin’s COVID-19 pandemic response plan.
Staff are required to adhere to all health and safety procedures including daily self-screening, physical distancing measures, PPE requirements, personal hygiene best practices, and cleaning and disinfection procedures.
Employees are being provided masks, are checked for signs and symptoms of illness every day when they arrive (including daily temperature checks) and are required to stay home or go home if feeling unwell. Employee job roles were re-designed to minimize contact with each other and guests. All employees are encouraged to voice concerns or violations to ski area management.
Employees are being provided free flu shots on-site at A-Basin.